Monday, May 19, 2008

Behold the power of The Captain

Last night, we got our rear ends handed to us, not good times. I'll take the blame since I got to the game late (6:15, I'm a terrible human being). But that's not as important as one event that took place during yesterday's game.

Carlos Delgado hit a home run to put the Mets up 6-0. However, The Captain decided that it was a foul ball, told the umpires to change the ruling, and sure enough, it was ruled a foul ball. Replays after the game showed, and people who were watching the game told me that it was clearly a fair ball, and the home plate umpire Bill Davidson admitted that "bolts and nuts, I fucked up". He even overruled the 3rd base umpire who, you know, is actually right there, and stuff.

So behold the power of The Captain. (He also went 1-3 with a walk and a SB, so if the rest of the team would stop sucking it would be tre-freaking-mendous.)

No comments: